You know we are going to run out of civilization’s life-blood: fossil fuels. And if we burn what’s left, the climate will tip into a mass extinction event. Meanwhile, barking madness seems to be the only growth industry. Is it time for more pills, booze, or end-time religion?
Our first guest says there may be some hope left. Shaun Chamberlin’s blog is called “dark optimism” – and that may be as good as it gets. Shaun is part of the “transition movement” in Britain. He’s the author of the new book “The Transition Timeline, for a local resilient future,” …and, part of an upcoming report for the British Parliament, on a scheme to give everyone an energy quota.
Read more, to get info and links on
1. getting your energy quota (TEQ’s)
2. the transition town movement around the world
3. new hope for renewable energy (from Lester Brown)
4. Americans expect collapse (Fox News trails Radio Ecoshock…)
5. student action to replace lawns with food plants at the University
Don’t miss this one.